Manages, designs and develops data warehouse solutions for business problems. Provides end user support, gathers requirements, identifies source data, designs and develops reports. Designs the database model, ETL solutions and the semantic layer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Works with an Analyst to gather business requirements for Business Intelligence projects & day-to-day support requests
• Transform business requirements into a technical design
• Identify source data
• Perform logical data, entity-relationship and dimensional modeling
• Design extract, transform, load procedures
• Design and develop semantic layer
• Design and develop reports
• Provide support for reporting and ETL applications; drive, execute and manage issue resolution
• Assist BI team members
• Works closely with data stewards to understand business metadata
• Identifies data and coding standards to ensure consistent and maintainable application metadata
• Evaluates and recommends data warehousing and business intelligence tools
• Ensure timeliness, quality and adherence to development standards from off & onshore development resources
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science/business or equivalent experience
• Experience in data modeling and data warehousing
• Experience in security administration, universe and report building using Business Objects
• Experience in ETL design, preferably Data Stage and/or Informatica
• Strong analytical abilities
• Proven experience in an environment with multiple tasks and changing priorities
• Strong conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Strong knowledge with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server), including SQL
• Familiarity with the complete data warehouse development life cycle
ANALYZES AND SOLVES PROBLEMS: Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; includes others in problem-solving efforts when appropriate.
EMBRACES TEAM MEMBERSHIP: Shows commitment to team objectives; values each person's contribution to the team; encourages the participation and involvement of everyone on the team; contributes own fair share of effort to the team's work.
WORKS EFFICIENTLY: Allocates own time efficiently; handles multiple demands and competing priorities; eliminates inefficiencies; conducts effective meetings.
COMMITS TO QUALITY: Emphasizes the need to deliver quality products and/or services; defines standards for quality and evaluates products, processes, and/or services against those standards; builds quality into each step of the process.
USES TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL EXPERTISE: Possesses up-to-date technical knowledge; is regarded as an expert in the technical/functional area; uses quantitative data to draw conclusions; presents technical information in easily understood terms.
DEMONSTRATES ADAPTABILITY: Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; demonstrates flexibility.
DEMONSTRATES DRIVE & COMMITMENT: Strives to attain results; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition; sets high standards of performance; pursues challenging goals and works hard to achieve them.
KNOWS THE BUSINESS: Shows understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keeps that knowledge up-to-date; understands the impact of external events on the organization's plans and objectives.
PREPARES WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: Conveys information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; adapts writing style to fit the audience.
LISTENS TO OTHERS: Demonstrates attention to and conveys understanding of the comments and concerns of others; listens well in a group.
SPEAKS EFFECTIVELY: Speaks clearly and concisely; expresses self well in groups and one-to-one conversations; delivers effective presentations.
DEVELOPS ONESELF: Learns from experience; actively pursues learning and skill development; seeks feedback and welcomes unsolicited feedback; modifies behavior in light of feedback.
Brunswick Corporation - 14 months ago
Brunswick's business is everyone else's free time. The company is a global manufacturer of marine, recreation,...