The incumbent will lead a team of SQL developers and report writers to design, build, test, and deploy the data structure and ETL process to complete an enterprise solution for a reporting data warehouse. The successful candidate will provide thought leadership in the design and execution of the data warehouse to support daily and intra-day reporting requirements in addition to administrative responsibility for the team. The duties will include DW architecture, ETL developer, team lead, and will be a key member in shaping the long term solution for the company’s reporting needs. This position reports to the VP of Analytics in the IT organization.
1. The candidate will provide support for enhancing the data warehouse to report on operational statistics/performance results,
2. Interact with business partners to develop, recommend, and document reporting needs and the underlying data requirements that must be delivered from the operational system to the reporting data warehouse.
3. Advocate for the use of modern strategies and toolsets in the design/redesign of existing business reporting systems
4. Architect data solutions and develop the appropriate schema to store the required data in a manner that provides efficient report development
5. Provide leadership to the team of SQL developers and fill role of process owner to provide consistent development which satisfies the existing policy for change management, and provides strategic leadership for the DW development
6. Interact with the Operations DBAs to insure data availability, consistent performance, and appropriate disaster recovery strategies.
7. Provide administrative leadership for the SQL developers and report developers by providing quarterly performance reviews and providing leadership with input on team performance.
1. Experience implementing BI application stacks and solutions from the ground up and can foresee the problems inherent in implementing the designs and architecture.
2. Expertise in troubleshooting SSIS errors, can write complex data flow tasks, has understanding of how SSIS operates and can push the limits on what is possible.
3. Vast knowledge of the SQL engine can diagnose poorly running queries, optimize code to run efficiently, and develop highly complex table structures, stored procedures, functions, and views.
4. Can run any administrative task, work with backups/restore operations, understands SQL Security options, run profiler, import/export data as needed.
5. Proven record of working with Stakeholders and derive requirements. Capable of mentoring Jr. staff in meetings with the Stakeholders.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to draft proposals for Sr. Management.
7. Able to work with developer to write test cases for logic and data problems.
8. Develops templates, provides advanced reports that include sub-reports, graphs, and charts.
9. Can build SSAS data cubes and ensure that the data quality is present and implement KPIs. Develop SSAS databases have an expert level of MDX or DAX to implement advanced data mining queries. Experience administering Sharepoint with PowerPivot a plus.
Principal Outcomes & Accountabilities of Job:
This position is responsible for a team of SQL developers and report writers and the implementation of a sophisticated, robust data warehouse solution to deliver operational reporting and metrics to multiple business constituents. The position is responsible for both the architecture and design of the data warehouse as well as the processes followed to develop and support the ETL. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of one or more programmers and/or junior analysts.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc. - 9 months ago