What would you do if you had over 57,000,000 facts about workers around the world-how they are paid, where they work, their commute times, benefits, years of experience, gender, job satisfaction and more? How would you mine, organize, display and collect it more efficiently? That is the challenge we face at online compensation database PayScale.com and that is the challenge we welcome you to help us tackle.
PayScale has the world's largest online database of detailed compensation profile data coupled with real-time analytics. Data and analytics is our business.
We are looking for a technical innovator to join our data sciences and analytics platform team. The Data and Analytics Platform Architect will be responsible for ongoing management and enhancement of the technical components of the PayScale Platform including analytics, data storage & management, and essential services supporting both the consumer and business portions of our business.
The Platform Architect will report to the VP of Data and Platform Technology and is expected to operate at a strategic/vision level as well as hands on design, delivery, and maintenance of core components.
- Work with B2C and B2B product teams to identify and build required platform functionalities and capabilities to deliver desired product experiences.
- Design, develop, and maintain software services and underlying data management and storage facilities associated with the PayScale Technology platform.
- Establish, monitor, and measure key performance and reliability metrics and develop solutions to improve overall platform reliability, performance and scalability.
- Improve time to market through the identification of re-useable platform components and incorporating these into PayScale platform. Anticipate and leverage emerging technologies to ensure competitive advantage.
- Establish, own, and manage platform technology roadmap by partnering with other platform architects, VP of Data / Platform Technology, VP of Consumer, and VP of PSP delivery teams.
- Assure analytics and development teams open access to key data sources and the ability to leverage common third party analytics and reporting tools.
- Help assure that platform and data storage mechanisms comply with key industry and governmental standards.
- Develop enterprise architecture policies working with the VP of Platform, Consumer, and Customer teams to assure compliance.
- At least 5 years of experience as a platform architect in a Window/.Net environment.
- Strong coding and debugging skills in C#.
- SQL Server / SQL cluster setup, management, and administration.
- Comfortable with mathematics, including statistical distributions, data analysis and visualization.
- Experience building and maintaining high reliability, fault tolerant, scalable systems.
- Knowledgeable of self-hosted, cloud-hosted, and mixed environments.
- Experience with distributed big data programming frameworks e.g., MapReduce/Hadoop.
- Experience programming and debugging C++
- Experience with language parsing and interpretation (e.g., lex, yacc)
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Process-oriented and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable making formal presentations to upper management.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
PayScale, Inc. - 15 months ago