The successful candidate will plan, design, test, and launch efficient billing information systems and operations systems in support of the high speed data and telephony products. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues. This individual will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of reports and queries as defined by department personnel, as well as supported business units.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of cable television, telephony and high speed data products, services, and operations.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of industry practices as they relate to the ordering and billing of telephony and data services.
• Review and analyze raw data with a strong ability to efficiently manipulate into meaningful information for all levels of the company.
• Identify data quality issues and recommend the best course of action to address them
• Perform complex, detailed data analysis with very granular level data while summarizing and presenting relevant findings to multiple levels of stakeholders
• Perform regular maintenance, and project related configuration changes, on the billing systems in support of call rating.
• Participate in the design, development, implementation, validation and maintenance of CDR collection and distribution processes, in support of end user billing, carrier billing and revenue assurance.
• Use a strategic, analytical mind-set and learned abilities to execute on strategy that is proactive vs. reactive.
• Work across management levels; Corporate, Regional and Local functional boundaries with both internal and external partners.
• Provides business and technical knowledge/expertise to projects and tasks as assigned
• Continuously maintain a high accuracy rate with close attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Must possess excellent creative, analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Support the interfaces and integration between the order entry/billing system(s) and all relevant downstream provisioning systems.
• Assist in the planning, design, development, and testing of new applications/processes and enhancements to existing applications and processes.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis.
• Analyze the requirements supplied by various business units and make suitable proposals to meet the same.
• Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers and users.
• Develop and test fixes for application bugs or issues.
• Troubleshoot and investigate errors/unexpected results as relates to the order entry, rating, and billing of the telephony and data products.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Knowledge of cable and telecommunications products and services
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel and Access
• Proficiency in relational database management systems, spreadsheets, and analysis tools
• Proficiency in query languages, such as SQL
• Working knowledge of telephony rating, billing and order entry processes
• Working knowledge of ICOMS rating processes, file layouts, and its integration capabilities and protocols
• Working knowledge of cable television, telephony and high speed data products, services, and operations
• Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
• Should have high energy and possess courage, creativity and perseverance, and express and execute the appropriate sense of urgency.
• Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), relationship management, and customer service skills with a focus on working effectively in a team environment
• Ability to handle and manage multiple projects and tasks
• Adaptability to accept and promote change with a positive attitude
• Ability to work independently to prioritize and organize effectively within strict deadlines
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong organizational, time management, and follow up skills required
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of individuals of various functional disciplines
• Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
• Exposure to typical office environment
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...