About Democracy Prep:
Democracy Prep Public Schools is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, high-performing
public charter schools committed to preparing students for success in college and active citizenship. Democracy Prep’s DREAM Team of teachers and staff currently educates over 2,000 scholars in grades K-12. A pioneer in authentic civic education and charter school turnaround, Democracy Prep achieves remarkable academic growth for all students, especially those with special needs. By proving that all students, regardless of where they are born or their initial academic performance, can achieve at extremely high academic levels, Democracy Prep seeks to transform not only the lives of our students, but also raise the expectations for public schools across the nation and beyond.
The mission of Democracy Prep is to educate responsible citizen-scholars for success in the college of their choice and a life of active citizenship
Our ambitious and necessary mission requires tremendous individual and collective effort. The Democracy Prep DREAM Team of teachers, leaders, and staff represent the top 1% of all applicants and executes our mission everyday with a zeal that embraces our unofficial motto:
Change the World!
For more information about our schools, please visit us online at
About the position:
Democracy Prep is looking for a self-motivated, technologically savvy person who is passionate about working for an organization that is trying to change the world. The Data and Technology Associate will be a versatile member of the Knowledge Management team working to provide support to staff, faculty, and students in a number of capacities, which include:
- Serving as a technology resource and assisting staff and teachers in learning to effectively use key classroom technologies
- Managing of database systems
- Managing student data processing, analysis, and reporting
- Supporting the network infrastructure (routers, Microsoft servers, switches) and working closely with technology vendors
- Managing and troubleshooting networked copiers and printers
- Providing desktop support for a mixed PC & Mac environment
- The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must have experience troubleshooting Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- Candidate must have proficiency in Microsoft Excel and exemplary attention to detail
Additional skills include:
- Technology skills should include at least some of the following: word processing, databases, spreadsheets, web-page development, presentation and multimedia development, basic server maintenance, digital video and audio editing, image processing, graphics abilities, basic programming.
- Classroom teaching experience is a plus.
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Two years experience in technology integration and support preferred;
- Classroom teaching experience is a plus!
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Most of all, you will join a DREAM Team of like-minded professionals who work to achieve the same mission ensuring that our students work hard, go to college, and change the world!
: Job descriptions are created to give you an idea of what you might do, but do not dictate responsibilities. Members of the DREAM Team embody an “all hands on deck” mentality and do whatever it takes to get the job done regardless of title.
Democracy Prep Public Schools - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Democracy Prep Public Schools is a growing network of seven free, open-enrollment, high-performing no excuses public charter schools...