ettain group has an immediate need for a Senior Oracle DBA for a contract to hire position in Sandy Springs, GA. You will support critical Oracle databases; perform monitoring and space management, review and implementing schema design and fine tune database and SQL statements for one of the world’s largest technology corporations.
Responsibilities and Requirements::
· There is a high expectation in availability, performance and scalability to support the tremendous growth of various services provided by the company.
· Will work in a cross-function environment with project managers, engineers and system & network administrators to roll out new services
· 8+ years of working knowledge on Oracle 10g and 11g, in particular 11gR2
· 4+ years of data warehousing experience
· Experience supporting Real Application Cluster (RAC) systems
· Proactive performance tuning and capacity planning skills
· Strong understanding of how to utilize AWR and perform SQL tuning
· Installation and configuration experience with Oracle software and related products such as Data Guard and RAC on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform
· Experience utilizing and configuring Oracle AMM, ASMM, ADDM structures, etc.
· Experience working with both Oracle ASM and non-ASM file structures
· Responsible for the 24x7 availability of mission critical databases in Production and QA environments
· Must have both OLTP and OLAP experience
· Experience with other databases technologies such as MySQL/SQL Server/DB2 a big plus
· Installation/configuration experience with Oracle software and related products such as Data Guard and RAC on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform
· Experience with data warehouse processes such as schema design, data extract, data transform and data load
· Strong experience supporting 24x7 high volume production OLTP databases
· Strong experience in database design and modeling
· Strong system administration experience supporting various UNIX platforms including Linux and AIX
· Strong experience with various Oracle and open-source monitoring tools and scripts.
· Experience writing database-monitoring scripts a plus.
· Experience with Oracle RMAN and other backup and recovery strategies
· Experience migrating/upgrading databases and applying Oracle PSU and SPU patches
· Experience converting business requirements into technical database specifications utilizing latest Oracle features
· Excellent problem solving abilities
· Excellent people and communication skills
· Detail oriented and able to work independently in a team environment
· Participation in 24x7 on-call rotation required
· Occasional shift work required
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering, or equivalent work experience
For immediate consideration please apply online. Contact Hanna Ratchford at 704-731-8013 with questions.