The MySQL Database Administrator is responsible for providing technical hardware, operating system, and database software support in the form of installations, upgrades,root cause analysis, architecture, capacity planning, performance management and maintenance for all MySQL database platforms managed by Match.com. Primary focus will be on stability and maximum availability with a common theme of being both proactive and reactive to situations as they arise.
- Proactively managing database support issues and effectively take corrective actions as needed.
- Planning, designing, implementing and testing database scenarios comprised of the various hardware equipment and software technologies.
- Install and configure MySQL Server in clustered and standalone environments.
- Manage and test backup/recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible upgrading/patching MySQL server databases environments with the latest releases.
- New MySQL Server builds.
- Participate in 24x7 on call rotation.
- Maintain and improve performance of MySQL Server databases.
- Respond to tickets and system alerts.
- Automate manual and repetitive administrative tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or a related degree. Equivalent experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- 5+ years technical business experience including process development and implementation of customer centric solutions.
- 5+ years implementation of relational or proprietary databases with a strong understanding of MySQL.
- Excellent understanding of and experience with relational database architecture and database implementations/monitoring/maintenance with the primary focus on MySQL server.
- Performance tuning, monitoring, troubleshooting and excellent problem solving skills are required.
- Experience in a distributed MySQL Server environment that supports high-volume transactions.
- Database support including backup, recovery, replication and database clusters.
- Experience with Open Source/Linux development and production environment.
- Experience with configuration management such as Puppet or CF Engine.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion, Git, Mercurial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge or Hadoop or other Open database systems a plus.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a team environment.
Match.com - 17 months ago
Launched on the Web in April of 1995, Match.com helped pioneer the online dating industry. Our mission is simple: to help singles find the...