Trofholz Technologies, Inc. is an innovative systems integrator and service provider with a solid performance reputation in Information Technology Solutions, Accelerated Learning Environments, Language & Intelligence Services, Electronic Security Systems, and Mission Support.
Trofholz has a potential opportunity for an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) for Oracle.
The DBA Oracle responsibilities include working directly with Web Shop to provide analysis of data requirements, database architecture, integration, and data message handling as it pertains to data access from Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) compliant databases. This position is seated at Lackland AFB, TX.
- Maintains, modifies or adds to the existing ODBC Database(s) and associated applications
- Performs minor new development tasks such as converting existing MS Access databases and applications into the ODBC Database(s) environment
- Assists in the provision of all aspects of database administration for projects pertaining to data access of the ODBC Database(s) as specified by Web Shop. This will include, but not be limited to, database design, implementation, testing, development of stored procedures and functions in support of software development, development of complex ODBC Database(s) and maintenance
- Provides software application support, works alongside high level Application Developers and Architects, and provides maintenance expertise as it pertains to the ODBC Database(s) or additional systems as required
- Assists in the provision of all aspects of user documentation as it pertains to the ODBC Database(s) or additional systems as required; this will include, but not be limited to, user guides, operations manuals, online help, system administration manuals, trouble shooting guides, quick reference guides, slide presentations, and graphic illustrations
- Assists in the provision of all aspects of deploying the ODBC Database(s). This will include, but not be limited to, determining site hardware, software, and communication requirements; training site personnel; conversion and integration of historical site data; and providing short term and telephonic technical assistance to site personnel
- Places all source and executable code in selected and controlled libraries within specified scope and timeframe
- Provides a monthly status report of primary task activity, deliverable status, and staffing issues
- Deploys and maintains a data backup and recovery strategy for centralizing and securing the data
- Periodically tests backups to ensure database recoverability
- 5 years of hands on related experience within last 10 years
- Areas of expertise shall include, but not be limited to Windows 2000, Crystal Reports, and ODBC Database(s) Database Management Systems (DBMS) to include Discoverer and SQL, and Health Level (HL) 7 messaging technology
- Experience in design and analysis; project planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on several simultaneous tasks, reacting constructively to new and changing business and technology requirements and deliverables
- High level of self-motivation, productiveness and personal organization
- Requires acute decision making skills
- Ability to pass a background investigation sufficient to be granted a common access card (CAC)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related subject, or equivalent experience
- In lieu of education the following equivalent experience will be accepted: development life cycle of projects lasting longer than two years, requirements gathering, business and technical designs, development, quality assurance, deployment, support and documentation
- Experience of two years or more in Oracle, SQL, and Program Language (PL)/SQL
- Knowledge of ODBC Database(s) DataBase Administration (DBA) utilities required
- Experience must include programming in a multi-user environment.
- Experience providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries (regarding errors, problems, or questions) with the program, troubleshoot data and application changes as they arise, assist with problem resolution, diagnose and correct production data errors
- Shall have experience with .NET
- GSEC, Security + CE, or SSCP certification
- Have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain BLS prior to start date
About The Company:
Trofholz Technologies is an award-winning, multi-faceted company offering excellent career opportunities in a diverse, creative, and fast-paced work environment. Building a career with Trofholz means joining a team of diverse, talented, dedicated and innovative professionals committed to serving commercial and government technology needs.
To apply for this opportunity please make sure to visit us on the web @ www.trofholz.com and click the career tab or you can apply directly to our career center @ http://trofholz.com/who-we-are/join-our-team.html .
We have been able to reach a high level of technical excellence by committing to strong company values and key success strategies. The “Quality, Commitment, Creativity, and Integrity” adage known as the “QCCI Creed” is widely conveyed throughout the company and has been instrumental in our success. These core values have enabled Trofholz to develop a respectable company culture that is demonstrated in every client engagement
Trofholz represents excellence in all we do from hands on interaction with our clients implementing innovative solutions, to developing customized training and professional development programs for our employees. We are a fast-paced organization seeking team players who enjoy meeting challenges. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages combined with a fun and challenging work environment.
Trofholz offers comprehensive health and welfare plans which include:
- PPO or HMO Medical
- Dental PPO with national network of participating dentists
- Vision coverage at no cost to the employee
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer Matched 401(k)
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Education Assistance
- 10 Paid holidays a year
Be More, Do More with Trofholz
Trofholz is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements and programs.
Trofholz Technologies - 16 months ago
Trofholz Technologies, Inc. is an innovative systems integrator and service provider with a solid performance reputation in five core areas:...