The Database Administrator will be responsible for the following:
SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
SQL Server Clustering
SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
· Perform daily database monitoring / maintenance reviews including database space management, including extent checks and extending database space as needed.
· Perform standard database operations including exports, imports, table restorations, and reorganizations as needed to support application performance and development.
· Utilize tools such as Idera, Spotlight and Foglight, to monitor availability, security and performance.
· Perform backups and restores, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, database mirroring, and replication. Develop and maintain sound database backup and recovery plans.
· Troubleshoot and resolve database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
Installations, Upgrades and Security:
· Install, configure, and manage all systems following Standard Operating Procedures and security policies.
· Provide resolutions to the configurations, settings, and customizations that impact availability, performance, and manageability.
· Follow standardized security policies and procedures to ensure controls are in place and enforce appropriately at the team and database environment levels.
· Perform comprehensive reviews of database environments and operations; provide thorough documentation of observations and recommendations.
· Performance Tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
· Analyzing SQL Server indexes for performance tuning.
· Performance monitoring and tuning of Microsoft SQL Server DB T-SQL.