Trofholz Technologies, Inc. is an innovative systems integrator and service provider with a solid performance reputation in Information Technology Solutions, Accelerated Learning Environments, Language & Intelligence Services, Electronic Security Systems, and Mission Support.
Trofholz has a potential opportunity for an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) SQL.
The DBA SQL’s responsibility is to manage database backups by determining and implementing appropriate strategies. This position is seated at Lackland AFB, TX.
- Performs minor new development tasks, such as converting existing MS Access databases and applications into the SQL environment
- Periodically tests back-ups to ensure database recoverability
- Runs integrity checks and analyzes results to identify areas to be addressed
- Maintains indexes with periodic rebuilds and defrags
- Reviews SQL Server Error, SQL Agent, Database Mail, and Windows Events logs daily
- Manages SQL Server Agent jobs
- Monitors database performance using Performance Monitor, Profiler, Execution Plans, Index Tuning Wizard, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, etc., to find and fix performances issues
- Documents databases changes, job schedules and any developments
- Creates and tests disaster recovery plans
- Manages security roles and users
- Maintains SQL coding for database data, ensures database monitoring and maintains developer code to life cycle
- Partners with ODBC Database(s) DBA and works alongside high level Application Developers and Architects
- Migrates legacy database products to SQL Enterprise
- Monitors and supports the Windows Cluster environment
- 5 years of hands on related experience within last 10 years
- Experience in design and analysis; project planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on several simultaneous tasks, reacting constructively to new and changing business and technology requirements and deliverables
- High level of self-motivation, productiveness and personal organization
- Requires acute decision making skills
- Ability to pass a background investigation sufficient to be granted a common access card (CAC)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or IT Fields, or equivalent experience
- In lieu of education the following equivalent experience will be accepted: development life cycle of projects lasting longer than two years, requirements gathering, business and technical designs, development, quality assurance, deployment, support and documentation.
- Experience of two years or more in Oracle, SQL, and Program Language (PL)/SQL
- Knowledge of ODBC Database(s) DataBase Administration (DBA) utilities required
- Experience must include programming in a multi-user environment.
- Experience providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries (regarding errors, problems, or questions) with the program, troubleshoot data and application changes as they arise, assist with problem resolution, diagnose and correct production data errors
- Shall have experience with .NET
- GSEC, Security + CE, or SSCP certification
- Have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain BLS prior to start date
About The Company:
Trofholz Technologies is an award-winning, multi-faceted company offering excellent career opportunities in a diverse, creative, and fast-paced work environment. Building a career with Trofholz means joining a team of diverse, talented, dedicated and innovative professionals committed to serving commercial and government technology needs.
To apply for this opportunity please make sure to visit us on the web @ www.trofholz.com and click the career tab or you can apply directly to our career center @ http://trofholz.com/who-we-are/join-our-team.html .
We have been able to reach a high level of technical excellence by committing to strong company values and key success strategies. The “Quality, Commitment, Creativity, and Integrity” adage known as the “QCCI Creed” is widely conveyed throughout the company and has been instrumental in our success. These core values have enabled Trofholz to develop a respectable company culture that is demonstrated in every client engagement
Trofholz represents excellence in all we do from hands on interaction with our clients implementing innovative solutions, to developing customized training and professional development programs for our employees. We are a fast-paced organization seeking team players who enjoy meeting challenges. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages combined with a fun and challenging work environment.
Trofholz offers comprehensive health and welfare plans which include:
- PPO or HMO Medical
- Dental PPO with national network of participating dentists
- Vision coverage at no cost to the employee
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer Matched 401(k)
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Education Assistance
- 10 Paid holidays a year
Be More, Do More with Trofholz
Trofholz is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements and progra