DM5DBA – Database Administrator - Manager
We are passionate about data! As a Database Administrator at Capital One, you’ll be responsible for administration of procedures and practices regarding data access and upkeep for a specific database technology. This includes working with project teams to determine changes needed to both the database and models, and then implementing those changes. Our DBA’s support ongoing project efforts and day-to-day support activities for the department. If you seek a new challenge in a dynamic company that offers a competitive compensation plan and industry leading benefits, apply today!
- Manage and maintain data in all production and non-production databases and replication servers. Maintain security database; generate reports, queries and documentation. Work with project teams to identify database changes needed.
- Manage database elements, including creation, alteration, deletion and copying of schemas, databases, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers and declarative integrity constraints.
- Set up access privileges to databases. Create and maintain user profiles for database access, including login and password. Perform backup and recovery, configure database parameters, and prototype designs against logical data models.
- Monitor database and replication servers for resource utilization. Handle testing, reporting, backup/restore. Manage database distribution, security and access requirements.
- High school degree, GED or military experience
- 2 years of DBA experience with MS SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelors degree
- Certification (DBA track) in Oracle, Teradata, DB2, and/or SQL Server
- 5 years of experience in Database Administration (DBA) on a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- 5 years of DBA experience in MS SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Familiarity with Agile development lifecycle methodology
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions. Job Information Technology Primary Location United States-New York-Melville-NW Suffolk-NFB HQ #2 Melville (22068) Schedule Full-time Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time Job Posting Unposting Date
Capital One - 18 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...