Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. (VATC) is a leading provider in management consulting services, joint training solutions, information technology and engineering support to federal agencies, primarily within the Department of Defense. We have 25+ locations worldwide and our employees include retired SEALS, Air Force, Special Operations, and many other Veterans. Our primary focus is the delivery of cutting-edge joint training solutions and critical information technology infrastructure implementation to meet our customer s’ current and future training needs.
The Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Team is 100% focused on delivering excellence and professionalism to the customer. Our commitment is centered on employees who will help us maintain outstanding support today, and develop the best possible technical and operational training services for the future. VATC seeks highly motivated people who can adapt rapidly to change, are attentive to detail, who are proactive problem solvers, and live the part of a team player. We are currently recruiting for a Database Administrator Journeyman position. Visit us online at www.vatcinc.com for additional opportunities.
Title: Database Administrator Journeyman
Location: Hurlburt Field, FL
The Special Operations Forces Planning Rehearsal Execution and Planning organization, SOFPREP, builds synthetic environments that are flown on Special Operations Force's simulators. This position develops, enhances, analyzes various forms of hard copy and digital geographical data, and then assembles this data into real-time visual databases for flight simulation visuals and associated subsystems. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Complete assigned tasks by performing data enhancement on digital geographic source information to include precise feature plotting, extraction, compilation, modification, classification and other cartographic and imagery support tasks and three dimensional modeling.
- Experience with multi-sensor national and airborne reconnaissance imagery. Capable of exploiting and manipulating sensor and electro-optical mono and stereo imagery from a variety of sources in support of database production.
- Capable of building 3D models for Open Flight based simulation systems
- Desired Unix C-shell scripting, SED and AWK scripting, TCL scripting
- Operator of any of the following software programs: BAE Systems Socet Set, ESRI ArcGIS Suite, ERDAS-Imagine, Presagis Terra Vista, Presagis Creator, CAE Lithos, FSI Vital DBGS and IG, TerraTools, VBS2 TookKit
- Experience with creating and manipulating multiple geospatial Intelligence data formats and layers used to create simulation visual and sensor databases. These include but not limited to softcopy image formats, digital terrain elevation files, vector and raster based land feature culture formats, and 3D geometry files.
- United States Citizen
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Join the excitement! In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc., or VATC, is the leading global provider in integrated training solutions, mission...