Oracle On-line Analytical Processing (OLAP) DBA: Advanced technical work supporting database backup, recovery and disaster recovery efforts.¡¡ A successful candidate will be responsible for primary support of JEA¡¯s enterprise data warehouse environments while working with both transactional and analytical processing environments.
Certification required prior to employment: Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
Candidate must meet Open Requirements as shown in Job Specification
Key Competencies and Responsibilities
- Maintain multi-terabyte databases
- Production work experience with Linux (RHEL preferred)
- Major components of the Oracle Warehouse Builder Application system
- Major components of the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition system
- Oracle OEM (GRID) configuration and administration
- Extract, transform and load (ETL) data from across many different sources to create consistent, accurate information
- Required to help maintain 24 X 7 systems availability
Professional work that performs or may monitor and review the work of others in designing, installing analyzing, managing, monitoring, maintaining and performance tuning enterprise database systems. Develops and implements database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity, stability and availability of databases and associated software. Performs or oversees requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data. Also maintains database backup and recovery infrastructure.
EXAMPLES OF PROFESSIONAL WORK:
- May monitor and review the work of others and provide some coaching and mentoring.
- Evaluates user requests and determines feasibility, resource requirements and compatibility of new or modified systems and databases.
- Analyzes user procedures and requirements and identifies system modifications and/or improvements.
- Prepares documented proposals.
- Reviews, develops and designs data models using standard diagramming techniques.
- Translates data models into physical database structures that integrate with existing or proposed database structures.
- Develops, structures, tests, documents, configures, and implements databases and supporting systems.
- Monitors relational databases to optimize database performance, use of resources and physical implementation.
- Maintains availability and integrity of databases through multiple access schemes.
- Oversees key and index management and data dictionary maintenance to facilitate data sharing.
- Resolves database integration issues, including migration between disparate databases; integration; maintenance and conversion; capacity planning issues; and new applications.
- Maintains development, test, and production Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) environments.
- Monitors and coordinates the operational database environment to ensure data integrity and maintain database security.
- Monitors and manages database backups, logs and journals.
- Participates in evaluating and recommending software and hardware acquisitions that require database software interface.
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades database software; and restores and/or recovers data, as required.
- Resolves database design, performance and administration problems.
- Provides technical expertise to others in the effective use of database languages; troubleshooting; exception processing needs; and other data management issues.
- Prepares management reports.
- Prepares database administration schedules.
- Researches and develops new technology solutions for large scale relational database systems.
- Assesses future requirements and participates in developing long-range comprehensive database plans.
- Participates in planning future architecture from a data storage and access perspective.
- Participates in ongoing training to continuously upgrade technical knowledge and skills.
- Performs other job-related work as assigned.
Bachelor¡¯s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
a minimum of four (4) years experience.
C OR ¨C
Eight (8) year combination of education, training and experience.
Experience must be at a professional level in computer systems analysis and/or computer programming in database design and development with a current enterprise server-based, relational database engine such as Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle or Informix.
Required to assist in maintaining 24 X 7 systems availability.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION (required prior to employment):
- Oracle (PL/SQL) DBA
Oracle Certified Professional Database Administrator.
- Microsoft (T-SQL) DBA
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) Certification
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Administrator
JEA is an equal opportunity and equal access employer that provides a safe, drug-free environment for its workers. Under F.S. 295, preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans and eligible spouses. Veterans' preference in perpetuity: A person eligible for veterans' preference in appointment (defined by s. 295.07, FS) does not forfeit employment preference eligibility once that veteran or eligible spouse of the veteran has been employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state. Effective July 1, 2007, Florida law restores veterans' preference in employment for all categories of protected individuals previously employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state.
How To Apply
To be considered for this job opportunity, you must apply online at
. You must provide all required documents (e.g. High school diploma, GED equivalent, college transcripts, training documents, copies of professional licenses, DD214, etc) by attaching the documents to your electronic application by
11:59pm, Wednesday February 27, 2013
. You can also fax your documents to 904-665-6192. Be sure to include a
with your name, date, and the position that you are applying for. If you do not submit required documentation prior to the close date for each position that you are applying for, you will not be considered.
As long as sparks are flying in Jacksonville, everything is A-OK with JEA. The community-owned, not-for-profit utility provides electricity...