Oracle Database Administrator Sr.
The primary focus of the Oracle DBA Sr. is to maintain Oracle databases, including all production, backup and development files, creates and supports databases across internal and end-user applications, improves database integrity through quality assurance and manages change control processes related the Oracle environment. Analyse, test, coordinate and facilitate patching needed to maintain PCI compliance. Additional responsibilities include analysing existing database applications for improvements, database tuning & monitoring, working with application developers to integrate efforts with relational databases, participate in team or company projects as required, maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration, mentor/train lower level database administrators, is primary for disaster recovery exercises, capacity planning and provides 7 x 24 hour on-call support.
Required Skills :
Desired Skills :
- Certification in Oracle 10g or 11g.
- At least 8+ years experience working as an Oracle DBA, in an enterprise environment, supporting more than 10 databases ranging to at least 1terabyte in size.
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot shell scripts as needed.
- Experience with RMAN and backup processes and procedures.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced high-energy environment with strong personal composure and crisis-management skills.
- Demonstrated, responsive and proactive communication skills (verbal and written) to succinctly and directly summarize and document issues, projects, protocols and processes including regular submission of clear, standardized reports to management and peers.
- Experience working with vendors to solve and escalate issues.
- Broad range of technical knowledge with demonstrated knowledge of ASM, RAC and GRID technologies, system architectures, networks, backups/storage and SAN environments.
- Strong knowledge of various operating system environments including UNIX and Linux (Redhat).
- Working knowledge of Disaster Recovery requirements and processes.
- Knowledge and experience with capacity planning as it pertains to databases.
- Ability to create, analyze and trouble-shoot queries.
- Ability to provide 7x24 on-call support.
- Excellent communication skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet navigation skills for problem diagnostics. Experience with ticket tracking systems such as Remedy. Additionally, candidate should possess a working knowledge of tools used in conjunction with system monitoring such as Sitescope. Understanding of Security concepts and devices including firewalls and IDS monitoring. Familiar with Microsoft SQL.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar program.
The flexibility to work a rotating shift, evening shift or early morning shift.
Specialized knowledge, skills, abilities
Experience supporting Oracle 10g & 11g, running RAC in a Grid enterprise environment, experience with Solaris operating systems and command usage and options, RMAN backup administration, understanding of SAN technology and networking protocols, disaster recovery, incident management and request fulfilment. Knowledge of ITIL is highly desirable as well as experience with call tracking systems such as Remedy.
Special Training Needs
Understanding business unit applications interaction with the databases supported
Self starter, team player, desire to continuously improve the environment
Oracle 10g or 11g highly desirable.
It is ETG policy that Internal candidates must be in their current roles for a minimum of 12 months prior to moving to a new role within the company
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv - 18 months ago
It's 10:30, America. Do you know where your money is? Fiserv does. The company provides financial services technology to banks,...