- Perform SQL/Oracle database hardware and software evaluation and installation, implementation of production systems, applications, and technology platforms, security administration, back-ups, recovery planning, capacity planning, data dictionary maintenance, performance and tuning and establish standards and best practices for SQL/Oracle.
- Provide database administration support, maintenance, troubleshooting, and tuning for developmental and in-production database(s)
- Work closely with system administrators to install, configure and optimize database engines and tools for data analysis, data transfer, messaging and scheduled jobs.
- Work in a multi-team oriented environment relative to the administration of SQL/Oracle Database(s).
- Perform DBA related duties on multiple database vendor platforms including client server both in-production and development.
- Install pre-packaged database applications as assigned.
- Work with system administrators to develop and maintain a comprehensive disaster recovery plan, manage database backups by determining and implementing appropriate strategies and shall periodically test backups to ensure database recoverability.
- Run integrity checks and analyze results to identify areas to be addressed.
- Maintain indexes with periodic rebuilds and defrags.
- Review system event logs daily to identify issues.
- Manage and continuously monitor scheduled jobs.
- Partner with other DBAs and work alongside high level application developers and architects, system administrators, and information assurance personnel.
- Document database changes, job schedules and any development.
- Manage and monitor security including user accounts, security roles, auditing, and checking for security problems.
- Migrate legacy database products to current SQL/Oracle Standard.
- Perform call-back duty on evenings, weekends, and holidays to provide guidance and support to customer support technicians on resolution of hardware and/or software problems and/or failures, and may be required to return to the work site to resolve critical problems.
- Possess Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) certified to design, implement, and manage SQL Server 2008 R2 databases
- Minimum of two years of experience administering SQL and Access Databases in a large enterprise or medical environment.
- IAT Level II position as defined in DoD 8570.01-M which requires the applicable Security + and Microsoft Certified Database Administrator CE certifications
ActioNet, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard