Argo Group US currently has a challenging opportunity for a Database Administrator located in San Antonio, TX . This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a team-oriented environment in the Information Technology Department. |
The Database Administrator is responsible for the design, setup, configuration, troubleshoot, performance and maintenance of databases and related development technologies. Consults with and advises Software Engineers and users on access to various databases .
- Preparers database specifications and solutions when required.
- Upgrades and move databases to newer versions or to a different operating system.
- Ability to articulate the technology at all levels as well as non-technical end users
- Using data modeling and normalization knowledge ensure that databases are designed to promote data integrity and translate the logical data model into a physical database implementation.
- Experience working with local and remote departmental and cross-functional teams
- Experience working with offshore resources a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
In addition, you will share in the core values, which are key to our success: Having courage to do the right thing; Inspiration/innovation/creativity; harnessing the potential of all individuals; and sharing a commitment to excellence.
- A bachelor degree preferred and 3-5 years of DBA experience
- Must be proficient in Oracle Database and SQL Server is a plus.
- Exposure to development technologies such as Web Servers (IIS and Apache), Applications Servers (Oracle Application Server, Oracle Forms), Web Services and Report Servers (Microsoft Report Services and Cognos) is a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable in Unix and Windows commands and script languages.
- Exposure to Oracle Financial technology stack will be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, customer interface, and negotiation skills as well as strong communication skills, both written and oral with public presentation experience.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of an organization that is built on integrity, trust and respect, where teamwork and individual excellence are valued, please submit your qualified resume and cover letter.
Headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, Argo Group International Holdings Ltd is a leading global underwriter of speciality insurance and...