Audible.com (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com ) is looking for a dynamic and motivated database administrator to join their Operations group. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to help develop Audible’s infrastructure and services platforms.
If you are a sharp, experienced database administrator with solid Oracle experience, strong problem-solving skills, and a creative edge, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides a unique challenge and opportunity to support the growth of Audible’s systems and infrastructure in an energetic and fast paced environment.
The Database administrator’s primary task is the management and hands on support of high-volume Oracle OLTP database on Unix/Linux platform. This is an extremely challenging role that demands strong technical leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Monitor and maintain database security and database software
- Database & Application ( SQL & PL/SQL ) performance tuning
- Backup and recovery (RMAN and Traditional)
- Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
- Daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer/development support
- Design, develop, implement and maintain Oracle database instances for the development and production environments
- Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams
- Test, validate and implement performance and resource solutions
- Optimization improvements in consultation with development teams
- Converting logical to physical design
- On-call for production databases on a rotation basis
- 7+ years of Oracle DBA experience on Unix/Linux, including at least 5 years of hands-on DB administration, 3 or more years hands-on DB development projects
- Experience with high-volume OLTP database systems
- Experience in Data Guard with FSFO and replication solutions.
- UNIX shell scripting, PL/SQL, and SQL skills
- Experience in backup and recovery (RMAN and traditional)
- Fluency in Oracle DB technologies and tools, DB development
- Capacity monitoring and management capabilities; ability to produce metrics and reporting
- Must be team-oriented with ability to work well with multiple teams in a cross-functional setup
- Self-motivated, with strong sense of ownership and urgency to deliver projects/tasks in a timely fashion
- Highly motivated to solve problems efficiently with strong query and database tuning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with DBA and application teams
- Knowledge of Oracle DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization, and use of hints)
- Strong background in Data Warehouse concepts / strategies
- Perl/CGI skills nice to have
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), experience with MySQL is a plus.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...