*CANDIDATES MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN*
Position is to be part of SQL Server DBA Team at BCD Travel. The SQL Server DBA team is responsible for the 24x7 availability of mission critical databases in production environment and User Acceptance, Development, and Test environments for fast-paced delivery. There is a high expectation in availability, performance and scalability to support the tremendous growth of various applications within the company. The DBA team is responsible for the design, build, ongoing maintenance, failure avoidance, detection and repair of the SQL Server databases associated with the applications.
Positions available for the following shifts:
1st Shift - 12am - 9am EST
2nd Shift - 8am - 5pm EST
3rd Shift - 4pm - 1am EST
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
0% Management, 10% Project Management, 20% Requirements, 70% Analysis, Code & Support
- Experience required in the implementation and support of SQL Server Database Systems, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services on enterprise and dedicated Windows 2003/2008 servers to support BCD Travel client’s applications.
- Design, install, tune, maintain and monitor SQL Server databases, products and services; including, but not limited to, storage management, DB performance tuning, DB software debugging, backup and recovery, and change/configuration maintenance.
- Works closely with technical and client management to design and implement SQL Server databases, associated support tools and processes in support of complex business application development requirements and processes.
- Provides technical consulting in identifying, implementing and supporting new SQL Server database function.
- Performs problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques and ensures standardization of systems implementation, support techniques, and adherence to formal processes, change control, best practices, and total quality practices in all activities.
- Will participate in 24 X 7 "On-call" support rotation for SQL Server database systems, products and services as well as ensure effective communications to internal customers along with customers outside of the department.
- Understanding of ETL process on VLDBs
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Organization and planning skills
- Conflict management & resolution skills
- Multi-tasking capable (individual will be assigned multiple projects simultaneously), and highly flexible
- 5+ yrs being production level DBA
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Disk capacity planning and Monitoring
- Backup/Restore strategy Client Databases
- Perform Backup/Restore of Client Databases
- Perform routine Maintenance of Client Database
- Develop Client Database Maintenance Plans
- Re-Indexing, Integrity Checking, Database Shrinking, etc.
- Support Client Services for Client Database Upgrades
- Setup internal test and production databases
- Maintain Database Security Policy
- SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012
- Microsoft Clustering including mutli-node and active/active architecture along with AlwaysOn
- Evaluate/Run Service Packs
- Travel Industry Experience a large plus.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel (for positions requiring travel):
Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
BCD Travel - 21 months ago
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and...