Boostability is the fastest growing Internet Marketing Company in Utah. We use technology to provide a cost-effective marketing solution for businesses throughout the World. We are currently looking for a Database Administrator. The primary duties of this position involve implementing, monitoring, maintaining and supporting the Microsoft SQL Server database infrastructure for mission critical operational systems. In addition, provide time sensitive reporting requests from our Business unit.
• Supporting database management systems in a mission critical production environment
• Maintaining existing databases and operations (patching, updates, upgrades, logs, tuning)
• Database capacity planning, sizing, monitoring, and forecasting
• Maintaining databases to established computer security and disaster recovery standards
• Planning and execution of projects in accordance with formal change and configuration management procedures
• Support requests from Business for data/report requests.
• Occasional off hours for support rotation, problem resolution and project work
Education, Experience & Training required:
• 4+ years of experience in database development and administration in MS SQL Server environments
• 4+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (preferably R2) and T-SQL knowledge writing stored procedures, complex functions
• 2+ years of experience within a BI/DW environment supporting databases and ETL.
• Strong communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to develop project specifications and assist with schedules, and plans
• Bachelor Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent years of work experience
• Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience in database design and well versed with Microsoft SQL Server best practices
• Experience in database performance tuning including indexing, partitioning, fail-over clustering, standby, and log shipping
• Strong in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for report generation
• Experience following a project plan and schedules
Critical Performance Competencies:
• Analytical skills -- identifies and defines problems; determines probable causes; suggests solutions
• Technical/Professional expertise -- possesses and applies a broad range of related knowledge
• Attention to detail -- follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data
• Initiative -- undertakes additional responsibilities
• Intelligence -- acquires understanding and absorbs new information quickly
• Teamwork -- solicits ideas and opinions of other team members
Boostability - 21 months ago