Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a national leader as a securities broker/dealer, has an opening for a full time Database Administrator. This position will participate with the department’s mission including implementing improved reliability, availability and security; major functional enhancements to application software; daily operational support; as well a technical re-design to migrate to SQL Server 2005 and .NET.
The Database Administrator will provide key technical skills in support of our database administration, including:
- Data modeling for new and existing distributed and replicated SQL Server databases; administration of enterprise data dictionary
- Design, implement and monitor optimal backup strategies for each database to achieve maximum required data protection
- Design, implement and maintain business logic that is implemented as stored procedures, views, user-defined functions and triggers
- Design, implement and maintain Crystal Reports for use with VB6 and ASP.NET applications
- Perform unit testing; participate in peer code reviews and design reviews
- Administer database configuration controls for development, test, demo and production environments
- Monitor and report on SQL Server database performance, backups, security, errors; validate database restore procedures; provide emergency system restore support
- Design and implement automated data ETL processes
- Perform ad hoc queries per user requests
- Identify data integrity issues; convert data to more normalized and structured models
- Participate in a server team project to implement database server clustering and failover
- Provide coordination and programming leadership for other database designers and programmers
- BSCS or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of related experience
Why Cambridge? At Cambridge, you control the journey by joining a growing, fast-paced company that will help you build a career beyond your expectations. You will be more than just a number at Cambridge - just ask our employees! We were recognized as a Best of Iowa Business 2010 for supporting work-life balance.
- Company Values – Commitment, Integrity, Flexibility and Kindness
- Technical innovation – be part of a company that recognizes the critical importance of technology to our success and promote technical innovation as part of our leadership position in our industry
- Excel at your strengths - Be part of a mature Scrum/Agile team approach to software development that allows you to excel at what you do best
- Mentoring & Development - Advance your career through our technical mentoring program that is personalized to your goals, and an extensive in-house training program to develop your professional skills
- Stability – join a stable privately-owned company in business for 30 years, nationally recognized in its industry with an 18-member executive team averaging 20 years industry experience and no reduction in workforce in over 10 years
- Location – located in a dynamic community recognized as one of the Iowa Great Places featuring abundant recreation, sustainable living, and an entrepreneurial spirit uniquely found amongst the corn fields of southeastern Iowa.
- Benefits include - Medical, Dental, 401(K), Short and Long term disability, Paid Holidays (including your birthday) and away time, LEED certified building, Wellness Benefit, Casual Dress Attire, Half-Mile Walking Trail, Dry Cleaning Services, Carpooling benefit, Volunteer paid time off, Onsite Massage Therapy, Financial Planning Classes
Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. (Cambridge), is an independent, privately controlled broker-dealer with over $65 billion assets under...