Careers » Opportunities » Database Administrator
Job Title: Database Administrator
Company Name: CBN Secure Technologies Inc.
Location: Albany, NY
Supervisor: Production Manager/Team Lead Customer Service Engineer
CBN Secure Technologies builds upon a proven ability to deliver security, stability, and quality in high-security documents and issuance technologies. For over 100 years, our parent, Canadian Bank Note Company, has delivered secure documents, currencies, systems, and services to governments around the world. Our resume includes delivering the groundbreaking DL/ID cards for the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the Provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan, arguably the most secure and trusted DL/IDs in North America. This commitment to security and innovation is the foundation for CBN STI's established, high-security production operations in Virginia and New York, designed to serve Customers requiring high-value identity documents.
Highly proficient Oracle Database Administrator who will be responsible for providing database support on a variety of hardware and software platforms and peripherals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reside at the customer site to provide Oracle database and system on-site support for the customer.
- Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance.
- Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance.
- Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts.
- Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems).
- Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching.
- Plan and perform Oracle database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching.
- Perform and manage system and database backups.
- Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure. Test failover plan on regular basis.
- Execute DRP and / or perform Oracle database recovery in case of a disaster.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system and database issues including availability, security, stability, performance, or data issues.
- Perform application data analysis. Execute ad-hoc SQL queries to assist HQ with application troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Provide 24x7 On-call Emergency support as required on site as well as remotely over the phone.,
- Maintain effective and timely communication with the customer.
- Manage preparation of monthly Operational Status Reporting.
- Establish priorities with team and manage on-site and off-site work activities.
- Use internal service management tool to log all incidents, problems, changes and service requests.
- Follow business and security procedures as communicated by CBN.
- Follow security and access procedures, guidelines and policies, as communicated by the customer.
- Post-Secondary Education in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- Applicants must possess excellent communication skills in English (orally and in writing)
- Must be able to work in different shifts and on call
- Qualified candidates must have at least 3-5 years of experience in providing technical support, covering the following:
- Oracle RDBMS administration: Oracle database operations (starting, stopping, and backup of the database), monitoring and maintenance (capacity and performance monitoring and planning), and support (incident and problem troubleshooting and resolution).
- SQL: Strong knowledge of SQL is mandatory.
- Oracle Dataguard: Knowledge of Oracle Data guard and standby database technology a plus
- Software: Basic Linux o/s, Windows o/s, and Apache/Tomcat administration a plus.
- Understanding of Help Desk tools and trouble ticket tracking processes
- Understanding of support agreements and their implied service levels
- Experience with backup solution such as Data Protector, Backup Exec or similar a plus
- Experience with remote access administration software a plus
- Proven ability to write excellent technical documentation a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Performing well under pressure
- Detail oriented approach
- Self-motivated and action oriented
- Team player
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
CBN Secure Technologies is committed to the health and safety of our employees. To protect our employees and customers and provide a safe and healthy work environment, employees are required to successfully complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicles check. CBN STI is a Drug-Free Workplace. CBN STI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CBN Secure Technologies, Inc. Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our career opportunities, we can only respond to individuals that are selected for interviews. No phone calls or agencies, please.
*** TO STAY INFORMED ON THE LATEST CBN STI NEWS AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE JOIN OUR LINKEDIN GROUP "CBN Secure Technologies Inc." ***
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited - 18 months ago