Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and award-winning cloud computing to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients.
Critigen is looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to work on-site at Camp Lejeune to provide technical support. Technical support includes the administration, management and support of the Marine Corps SQL Server databases and associated operating systems and applications. Interface with the on-site Technical Staff, and Data Managers (subject matter experts) to provide assistance in database design, management, and plan development. In addition, provide support in the management of spatial databases.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree AND required experience below.
Years of Experience:
- 5+ years technical experience with systems analysis, design, and/or programming experience, OR
- 5+ years other job related IT experience
Background Check requirement:
- The candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain SQL database environments.
- Support SQL 2008/2012 environments.
- Work as part of a team and communicate complex information well.
- Apply Critical Patch Updates as required.
- Make necessary database modifications as needed.
- Write shell scripts to automate database maintenance functions.
- Ensure database availability.
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Implement, test and maintain backup and recovery solutions
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Support COTS products using SQL Server databases
- Experience administering Windows server operating systems
- Experience supporting spatial databases (Esri ArcSDE)
- Security + Certification
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Critigen - 11 months ago