Database Administrator - Denver, CO
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The focus of this position is to design and maintain clinical databases, program edit check rules, assist in the final transfer of datasets to internal and/or external customers, and to provide technical support as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Work closely with the Data Manager, IT Project Managers, Clinical Project Managers and Coordinators.
• Develop and maintain project-specific databases for the entry of clinical data.
• Develop and validate edit check rules and other programs (e.g. listings) as required.
• Load data into the clinical database when data is received electronically.
• Format and transfer databases for analysis according to study/client requirements.
• Attend client/project meetings and communicate with client, as required.
• Create and maintain study documentation as required, in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), GCP, Regulatory Guidance
• Familiarity with CDISC and ICH standards.
• Assist and guide new personnel during their initial training period.
• Assist in improvement of quality by reviewing problems raised by the Data Manager, and implementing solutions.
• Any other tasks deemed appropriate
Here is what you can expect when you join our company:
• A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
• Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
• Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
• Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
• A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
• Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
• BS or appropriate education and work experience
• At least 4 years experience using Oracle Clinical and Remote Data Capture Systems
• At least 3 years' experience or equivalent in Clinical Data Management or relevant environment.
• Appropriate computer-related qualifications or equivalent.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION:
• Commitment to client's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in everyday performance and interactions
• Flexibility to manage multiple projects
• Business Acumen