Job Request Information:
Job Location: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job Type: Contingent Worker
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field
- 3 plus years of experience in implementation, administration and support of Oracle databases.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise Oracle databases based on business area requirements
- Identify, define, and implement database backup/recovery and security strategies.
- Install and support DBMS (Database Management Systems) software and tool
- Perform various database activities which include monitoring, tuning, capacity planning, troubleshooting, and consulting
- Translate a logical data model or user specifications into a physical design
- Ensure the detailed physical design of data structures and database complies with enterprise standards, guidelines, policies, procedures, and processes
- Create physical database structures based on physical design for development, test, and production environments
- Coordinate with system engineers to configure servers for DBMS product installation and database creation
- Install, configure, and maintain DBMS product software on database and application servers
- Provide consultation to application development teams on DBMS product technical issues and techniques
- Provide on-call support for databases 7 X 24
- Responsible for database performance tuning, security, and database backup/recovery strategy
- Implement monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of the database, while meeting defined targets.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve database problems.
- Coordinate downtime with the application development teams and system engineers to implement approved changes
- *May perform other duties as assigned
Strong Oracle Database Administration and Problem Solving Skills required
Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing group tasks.
Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/function
Ability to keep resticted and confidential information to yourself. Ability to be trusted and reliable.
The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management.
Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc.
Ability To Meet Deadlines
Ability to plan workload, inclusive of coverage activities, and deliver it on time.
Involves demonstrating knowledge of policies, general practices, procedures, etc. relevant for the assignment.
Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, breaks down work into the process it requires.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
Dahl Consulting, Inc. - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -