We are currently seeking a Database Administrator to complex database administration assignments essential to the production and development of databases which include database analysis, security support, design, software use, and performance monitoring and tuning. The Database Administrator will create, manage and enforce policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the installation, configuration and administration of database management systems, utilities, and tools in MS SQL 2000, 2005 and 2008 clustered and non-clustered environments.
- Design and implement systems, policies, and procedures for data backup/ archiving and disaster recovery to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Provide support related issues for production, QA, and development databases.
- Create standards for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Work with system administrators to develop optimal hardware and software configurations.
- Perform tuning to ensure database optimization, review preliminary database designs, data analysis, and creation of new databases as needed.
- Write and analyze code used for adding, querying, and modifying of data.
- Create/ troubleshoot/ maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages. Occasionally troubleshoot / maintain SQL server 2000 Data Transformation (DTS) packages.
- Daily monitoring of the database space, file distribution, response time, utilization and other parameters to ensure that the system is performing at its peak.
- Administer database servers across multiple geographic locations.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Understand environments that are part of the application, where they reside and how they interrelate on the various servers
- Test new database software and upgrades to be put into production.
- Perform installation and maintenance of third party databases; provide technical support for solving database/software failures.
- Participate in projects, manage deadlines; provide status reports.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Create documentation of database specifications and processes.
- On a part-time, rotating schedule, provide night / weekend on-call support for mission critical databases. Respond to on-call pages as required.
The qualified candidate will possess the following skills:
· BA/BS in an appropriate discipline
· 3+ years of real-world experience as a DBA or equivalent using Microsoft SQL Server.
· Experience with some or all of: MS SQL Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008, Windows Server, Transact-SQL, MS-Office (Word, Excel and Access).
· Excellent knowledge in system tables and system stored procedures.
· Experience administering SQL Server in a clustered environment.
· Experience in the following technologies a plus:
· SQL Server Reporting Services
· Crystal Reports
· Data Warehousing
· SAN technology
· Sagent/ETL tools
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company will attempt to make every effort to make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or associates with disabilities, unless accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.