Manages database utilities & monitors the relationships between the database users & applications.
Applies understanding of relational database concepts & query languages in order to design requirement summary or aggregation tables to support analysis.
Liaises with technology/infrastructure staff & identifies data relationships with functional requirements.
- Maintains the organization's databases across multiple platforms & computing environments.
- Analyzes & resolves issues related to information flow & content.
- Monitors data architecture standards & conventions.
- Maintains database support tools, database tables & dictionaries, recovery & backup procedures.
- Develops & enforces standards for database use.
- Performs data modeling studies & develops detailed data models.
- Maintains data model & entity relationship diagrams.
- Monitors database space usage & performance.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent (work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts) and 3 years relevant work experience.
- 3 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools.
- Knowledge in Oracle ERP Application DBA experience with understanding of the installation, configuration, patching, tuning, debugging is desirable.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server administration is desirable.
- Experience in general database and application maintenance activities including patching, backup and recovery procedures, performance and application tuning.
- Experience working with application servers, such as WebLogic and Oracle Application Server, for installing, patching, configuring, troubleshooting, and tuning is desirable.
- Requires knowledge & experience in own discipline.
- Acquiring higher level knowledge & skills.
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes & customers.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard practices.
- On call responsibilities
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
Donaldson Company, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Donaldson Company, Inc. (Donaldson) is a worldwide manufacturer of filtration systems and replacement parts. The Company’s product mix...