rdinates physical changes to computer databases; and codes, tests, and implements physical database by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2008 and higher )
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
- SQL Database Operational support to tech users
- May release code to production databases.
- Performs code reviews for database changes including tables, stored procedures, functions, etc.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands.
- Designs work flows and procedures.
- Uses feedback to modify designs.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or CS from four-year college or university. Requires 3-5 years experience as a DBA in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk.