For more than two decades, Explore Information Services has been a trusted partner to insurance companies and government entities alike. As a premier provider of database insurance services and e-government applications, Explore has leading edge information solutions designed to meet the unique needs of the marketplace.
Explore currently has an opening for a seasoned Database Administrator (DBA). The DBA will help our expanding development staff with database design, development and ongoing maintenance. The ideal candidate would have a great attitude, a willingness to learn existing systems and the ability to offer guidance on future systems.
· Maintain all enterprise databases to ensure integrity, performance, accessibility, and recoverability of data. Scope includes stage, QA, and production environments
· Provide leadership in planning, design, implementation, and documentation of Microsoft SQL Server environments
· Develop maintenance and backup procedures and change control processes
· Assist application development teams with planning, implementation and optimization of database changes
· Implement and perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, and reporting processes
· Mentor other team members
· Develop repeatable practices to ensure data availability, integrity, security, and performance.
· Assist with performance tuning of applications and queries
· Ensure recoverability of data by developing, managing, and testing backup and recovery plans
· Work closely with development to refine the physical design of the data model
· Perform research on database features, tools, and new database technologies
· Bachelor’s degree with related coursework or work equivalent
· 2-4 years database administration experience in addition to 5 or more years of technology experience
· Knowledge of and experience with database administration principles and best practices
· Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
· The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite
· Proficiency in data replication and SSIS
· Familiarity with query and database optimization
· Experience with NetApp SnapManager a plus
· Experience with setting up a clustered SQL Server Environment a plus
· The ability to communicate effectively – both written and verbal
· The ability to maintain confidentiality
· Possess strong work ethic and integrity
· The ability to provide guidance to and work collaboratively with IT team
Explore offers a competitive base salary plus commission, full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with employer match.
Explore is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Explore Information Services - 18 months ago