To maintain and support Food Bank For New York City databases and systems by identifying and solving database requirements including but not limited to planning, security, integrity, standards, development, and troubleshooting; supporting users including but not limited to providing training and support; maintainance of well documented supporting procedures, policies, and technical documentation of all databases and systems.
- Prevent redundant and data duplication in accordance with our MCS (Mission Constituent System).
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing key personnel; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems/solutions upon approval.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users (Including IT staff) by conducting training; providing information and documentation; resolving problems as they arise.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests via our helpdesk system and updating our solution base with resolution for recurring issues.
- Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Maintains policies, procedures and technical documentation of all systems up to date.
- Work with IT Management on performance tuning analysis & optimization, troubleshooting, capacity planning, modeling, system support, long-term strategic planning, and security of pertinent databases.
- Management and support of user security permissions to all of our systems.
- Provides Weekly/Monthly report to Director of Information Technology of system standards, tuning, maintenance and/or projects.
- B.S. or higher degree in Information Technology required.
- 2-3 Years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- 3-5 Years Microsoft SQL Server Experience, Windows 2003 Server or higher.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Proficient with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with reporting query tools and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and outside contacts.
- Able to communicate, teach and empower employees on how to obtain answers to their questions from reliable and highly available data systems in order to make better informed decisions. Educate and teach employees of systems data integratity.
- Database Performance Tuning, Database Security, Promoting Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Database Management, Data Maintenance, Operating Systems, Attention to Detail, Information Security Policies
- C# and HMTL and Jquery a plus.
- Working knowledge of Navision Financial ERP, Rasers Edge a plus, Sharepoint 2010 or above preferred.
Feeding America - 18 months ago