As a member of the Hosting Operations DBA team, the Oracle Database Administrator will design, implement, troubleshoot, and support the database infrastructure for Kenexa/IBM hosted applications in a 24x7 environment. The DBA will also support other DBA members as well as manage day to day workload, prioritizing projects and tasks. To perform these duties, the DBA will work closely with other members of Hosting Operations teams as well as other Kenexa departments such as Software Engineering, Customer Service and Help Desk.
The DBA will provide system health monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, documentation, script automation, alerting, technical support and analysis of multiple high-volume and highly available Oracle 10g, 11g, RAC database server environments. Kenexa is a very fast paced environment where an individual will have to be able to think quickly to provide timely and accurate solutions to issues.
The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent and have 3+ years of experience in design, documentation, deployment, support and management of 24x7 Oracle databases in multiple environments. In addition, experience in large scale enterprise class environments is required with strong server level configuration and maintenance. The position requires the individual to be proactive, highly motivated, flexible, rotational On-Call support, excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; required to collaborate with operations, development and client services teams.
• Extremely detail-oriented and able to follow clear methodologies for troubleshooting.
• Have initiative, flexibility and a high level of motivation
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience: 3+ years experience in design, deployment, support and management of large scale enterprise class 24x7 Oracle databases on different versions and environments.
• Strong working knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g is a must.
• Strong working knowledge of Oracle's RAC, OEM, ASM, and DataGuard is a must.
• Strong troubleshooting skills is a must.
• Knowledge of PL/SQL and script automation is a must.
• Hands on experience managing, tuning, and reporting on Oracle10g/11g RAC databases. Hands on experience with OEM, ASM, backup and recovery, RMAN, Data Guard, SQL Loader, Exp/Imp utilities and Oracle patch management on Oracle Linux or Redhat 6.x, and Windows OS
• Working knowledge of Linux and Windows OS
• All activities related to the administration of Oracle database clusters, including maintenance, issue resolution, backup, restoration, disaster recovery testing, performance tuning, capacity planning, reporting, and documentation.
• Installing, upgrading, patching and configuring Oracle on both Windows and Linux platforms
• Report daily/weekly reports on Oracle usage and performance.
• Strong PL/SQL troubleshooting and scripting ability
• Assist with building, configuring, and management of Oracle database servers
• Understanding and functional knowledge of Auditing
• Provide support in 24x7 environments with an on-call rotation to support various databases.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 3 years experience in design, deployment, support and management of large scale enterprise class 24x7 Oracle databases on different versions and environment
- At least 3 years experience in Oracle's RAC, OEM, ASM, and DataGuard is a must.
- At least 1 year experience in PL/SQL and script automation is a must
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in design, deployment, support and management of large scale enterprise class 24x7 Oracle databases on different versions and environment
- At least 5 years experience in Oracle's RAC, OEM, ASM, and DataGuard is a must.
- At least 3 years experience in PL/SQL and script automation is a must
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...