SMARTER, BETTER, FASTER
IO designs, engineers, and delivers data center infrastructure for the world's largest enterprises, governments, and service providers. IO owns and operates data centers for hundreds of customers and has leveraged this experience to build a next-generation Data Center 2.0 cloud-enabling technology platform. IO.Anywhere™ modular data centers provide enterprise-class infrastructure that can be delivered as Data Center as a Service and rapidly deployed as a product to customer sites anywhere in the world. IO is a privately held company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
IO.OS is on the wave of disruptive software innovation. If you love the fun and excitement of working in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and team-based software development environment with cutting-edge technologies then send us your resume today.
At this time, IO is seeking a Database Administrator to joi n our strong DB group. The Database Administrator is responsible for standard DBA functions (installation, backups, recovery,
security, performance tuning, monitoring, troubleshooting, HA and DR) for all our
SQL Server instances .
- Design and build highly available and high-volume relational databases
- Perform backups, restores, and recovery models as needed.
- Plan, prepare, test, and perform database patches and upgrades.
- Implement operational automation and monitoring using scripts and SQL jobs.
- Performance tune and write code for database data manipulation.
- Optimize SQL performance, work with database partitioning, compression and indexing.
- T-SQL coding; including sto red procedures, views, and triggers as needed.
- On-call to troubleshoot SQL Server errors including but not limited to resource contention, backup and hardware failures, and lack of system responsiveness.
- Be able to travel as necessary.
- Due to the nature of IO's relationship with the U.S. government, all prospective candidates must be U.S. citizens.
- 4+ years of DBA experience working with MS SQL Server 2005/2008 and above.
- 4+ years of troubleshooting and performance tuning MS SQL Server databases.
- Strong experience managing backups, recovery, SQL jobs and installation.
- Experience in creating tables, views, triggers, and indexes.
- Experience with relational data modeling.
- Working knowledge of Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability (HA) options for SQL Server installations.
- Ability to work flexible hours under minimal supervision.
- SQL Server 2012 experience.
- Database Developer experience: T-SQL scripting, stored procedures, SSIS, and
- Experience running SQL Server in a virtual environment.
- Microsoft BI/Data Warehousing experience.
- PostgreSQL (9.0 or greater) experience is a plus.