We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Responsible for report development and maintenance, controlling, monitoring and maintaining a multi-user data base management system, including the resolution of problems occurring in the system, overseeing the management of the data dictionary, installation of the system software, coordination of data base management functions with other information system areas, and participation in planning for the database environmental modifications. This position will include decision making authority bound by industry standard best practices for database management.
The report developer is a key member of the applications development team responsible for the creation, documentation, and support of company-wide core/standardized reports from the company's reporting databases. The report developer will also provide end-user training on report writing software and support users in ad-hoc report creation. Work closely with end-users to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing/validation. Documents created reports and/or changes to existing reports.
This position will have the following key responsibilities:
· Develop and prepare quality and timely standardized reports for internal staff, some external customers, and management with the ultimate goal of improving the operational performance and outcomes for the company as a whole.
· Work with internal and external customers to help identify their reporting needs, present them with the various reporting options, and guide the customer to the solution that meets their needs
· Provides technical assistance to current report development power users and other IT Staff on data collection and reporting.
· Develops and facilitates training of company supervisors, administrators, and staff on collection and interpretation of data and in use of data collection and reporting systems for end-users
· Assists with the migration from the current to a new reporting environment including working on project teams that are focused on enhancing and streamlining reporting functions
· Assures accuracy of reports based on knowledge of data, program operations, and audit findings.
· Envision new and innovative ways to use program data that are mutually beneficial to management, operation staff, and auditors.
· Assists in development of new data collection systems as appropriate
· Manages, designs, and implements special projects as directed, including planning, implementation, and reporting of project progress
· Responsible for design, development, and maintenance of reports utilizing Business Objects 6.5 to XI, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) on the Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 database platform.
· Troubleshooting data issues, performance tuning SQL queries, ad-hoc data queries and data analysis. Systematically identify and define problems, evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions
· Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of customized reports
· Troubleshooting report issues, data integrity, backup systems, and database security
· Provide programming support for in house IT projects
· Verify database and data integrity in the migration process
· Participate on IT project meetings and be involved in new IT Projects
· May design and implement system security measures.
· Work with Datacenter Manager and systems software to determine ways to organize and store data.
· Identify user requirements, set up user databases, test, and coordinate modifications to the systems.
· Ensures the performance of the system, understanding the platform on which the database runs, and add new users to the system.
· Usage of Mincom’s Ellipse software and database structure.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or a professional certification in the latest enterprise database and operating system technical courses.
· Minimum of 5+ years of experience in report design, deployment and management of a large number of Microsoft SQL Server databases in multiple environments
Intrepid Potash - 22 months ago