Description/Job Summary Implements and optimizes the computerized database systems that support the Company's or client's ability to function on a daily basis. Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes
and databases in general. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards
relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. May develop stored procedures and/or triggers. Administers a variety of database systems ,such as Microsoft SQL Server, and other Database Management Systems (DBMS). Develops
and enforces database administration and user standards and procedures; audits, modifies, and amends data in systems using SQL commands. Oversees the scheduling of database projects, database and transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication
between multiple SQL Servers and remote sites. Assists Database Designers/Information System Analysts in the development and creation of SQL and Web-based databases and database systems. Reviews technical designs, reports, documentation, and other materials
produced by staff; creates and maintains high-level reporting systems using products such as Crystal Reports; researches and implements new database and online technology.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related Technical Discipline.
- One of the following certifications: Network+ or Security+.
- Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified
- Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification
- Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) is desired.
- Possess IAT Level III and/ IAM Level II in Information Assurance (IA) in accordance with DoD 8570.01M “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program”.
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions
- At least seven (7) years of experience with database administration, development and management, including design and creation using best practices, importing, exporting, indexing, back-up, data processing, and database management.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in working with database security and integrity .
- At least seven (7) years of experience with programming and writing scripts in MS-SQL (strong emphasis here), T-SQL, or UNIX -Knowledge of integrating data from various files, including Microsoft Access and Excel, Oracle, and SQL .
- Demonstrated experience in Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V), Quality Control/Quality Assurance.
THIS IS A CONTINGENT POSITION