Be part of a team that is responsible for managing and supporting high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms!
We currently host and support customer base with heterogeneous database environments, consisting primarily of Oracle & SQL Server databases in clustered and non-clustered platforms. (SQL Server cluster, Oracle RAC)
Work Experience/Skills Required:
- Installs, configures and maintain database instances, creates various database objects, creates users with appropriate roles and levels of security.
- Performs database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure maximum performance.
- Assists application development teams wit planning and implementing database changes as well as query/job optimization.
- Perform routine and periodic database maintenance tasks.
- Monitor and manage custom backup/restore and disaster recovery plans.
- Participate in 24x7 On-call rotation.
- Support on going initiative of documenting and implementing best practices in different areas of operation.
- Work closely with business, application development teams, data center teams, and external consultants in developing database solutions to solve business problems.
Work Experience/Skills Preferred:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of hands on Oracle database administration experience
- 1-2 years of SQL coding and tuning experience
- Experience with SQL Server database administration or willingness to learn
- Good understanding of Windows/Linux OS platform
- Good communication skills, strong Teamwork and organization skills
- Positive attitude, problem solving skills and self-imitative are must qualities
- Familiarity to SQL Server component services (e.g. SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server in a clustered environment
- Experience with Oracle RAC and ASM
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent work experience
Physical Demands/Unusual Working Conditions:
- Microsoft SQL server certifications are a plus
- Oracle DBA certifications are desired
This position does not offer sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1-B status).
- Position required being part of a team that provides 24x7 production support
Koch Business Solutions, LP
is the centralized shared service company that provides assistance with information technology, human resources, finance and accounting, and facilities management for many global businesses of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest private companies in America. Koch companies, such as Georgia-Pacific and INVISTA, employ about 60,000 people with a presence in 60 countries and manufacture popular brands such as Quilted Northern® and Angel Soft® bath tissue, Brawny® paper towels, Dixie® brand tabletop products, as well as own brands including LYCRA® fiber, STAINMASTER® carpet and more. This diverse variety of businesses and their evolving demands create an inspiring work environment and incredible potential for long-term career opportunities.
To learn more about Koch Business Solutions visit us at:
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Koch Business Solutions, LP
Koch Industries, Inc. - 16 months ago