Facility: Ashburn, VA or Oak Brook, IL
Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is seeking a motivated individual to be responsible for performing activities related to the day-to-day administration and maintenance of database systems. Candidate will handle installations, upgrades, backups, and configuration and work with key managers and appropriate team members regarding problems with and capabilities of database systems. This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, paid life insurance and AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, employee assistance program, paid time off and paid company holidays.
If you are interested in joining our company apply now:
- Leads the design, development, integration and maintenance of complex databases.
- Directs the design, implementation and test of database backup, recovery systems, database migration and archiving systems and procedures.
- Monitor relational databases to optimize performance, resource use, and physical implementations.
- Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
- Design and implementation of highly available solutions, utilizing sound knowledge of replication and scaling.
- Resolves database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Defines architecture and thresholds for database monitoring and performance management.
- Collaborates with engineering to identify proper hardware and software implementations.
- Design and document database architecture. Data Modeling
- Responsible for database design and programming.
- Set up data sharing and disk partitioning
- Develop database utilities and automated reporting
- Create shell scripts for task automation
- Interact with clients on a day-to-day basis to gather requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 5-10 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to cultivate customer relationships.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within data center industry.
- Understanding of Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, Shell (C, Korn, Bourne, KSH), AUP, OLTP, Linux, UNIX, AIX, Solaris, T-SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, RAID, SAN, DTS, ETL, RMAN, Tivoli,
Most work is done in an area where normal office or data center noise is present.
Latisys - 10 months ago
Latisys is a leading provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services and disaster recovery solutions to medium-sized businesses,...