LocalEdge/Hearst Media Services is a premier multimedia company offering proven, lead-generating solutions for large and small businesses nationwide. We work with state-of-the-art technologies and pride ourselves on writing high-quality software for Hearst markets and resellers across the nation.
We’re looking for an experienced Database Administrator to lead the implementation, optimization, and administration of our several database systems. As DBA, you’ll work closely with our engineering team on schema design to help ensure high standards of reliability, performance, and scalability.
* Management and operations of LocalEdge’s database infrastructure
* Develop monitoring methods to ensure availability and high performance
* Configure and support database replication
* Administrative and maintenance tasks including installation, configuration, upgrade, patches and bug fixes.
* Set up and maintain documentation, policies and standards.
* Work closely with the engineering team on database design and architecture
* Performance analysis, optimization, and capacity planning
* Backups and recovery including disaster recovery and replication.
* Support, administer, and monitor all current databases in both production and non-production environments.
* BS/MS in a technical field or demonstrated equivalent working experience
* High degree of proficiency in SQL
* Linux system administration experience is highly desired
* Min. 2 years experience as a DBA or equivalent with MySQL, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server
Why Hearst Media Services, LocalEdge Division?
• Hearst is one of the nation’s largest diversified media and information companies. Our brands include Pandora, ESPN, A&E, Car and Driver, “O” Magazine, Cosmopolitan and many more.
• We offer a casual work environment with flexible hours, a competitive salary, excellent medical and dental benefits, and 401k matching.
• We enjoy being a select Google Premier Partner and have partnerships with Yahoo, Bing, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter and FourSquare.
• We are a leader in the growing $31.7 billion online advertising industry
LocalEdge has been in business for more than 40 years and was purchased by Hearst Corporation in 2004. Through the development of proprietary technology and partnerships with major search engines, social networking sites and other leading tech-focused companies, LocalEdge offers a full line of digital marketing products to help our clients reach and interact with today’s consumer. We also provide fulfillment to a growing network of business partners within our reseller channel including media outlets from A.H. Belo Corporation and our parent Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.