Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) located in our Mundelein headquarters. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with solid experience and background in Oracle and SQL Server database administration with a desire to work as a Sr. DBA for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to technical and analytical skills, the DBA candidate must be a good team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills
- 5-plus years of DBA experience on Oracle versions ranging from 9i ,10g and 11g.
- Sound experience of Unix operating systems including Solaris 9, 10, Linux , etc.
- Experience on SQLServer(2005 , 2008, 2012) databases is a plus , Familiarity of SAP tools for DBA work a plus
- Backup and Recovery experience with Oracle RMAN , Flashback , Data Guard etc
- Performance tuning experience with large high transactional RDBMS environments
- Proven ability to maintain leading edge skills
In return, Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; along with a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; education assistance; 401(k) with company match and much more!
- Must have solid understanding of Oracle database internals and architecture
- Has extensive backup and recovery skills with oracle RMAN to maintain and manage database backups and recoveries to meet high availability needs of mission critical systems.
- Develop, implement and support ongoing capacity planning and system backup recovery strategies. Perform bench marking tests and provide input for hardware options.
- Must be a performance tuning expert with excellent db and sql tuning skills. Must provide tuning recommendations to application team members and assist with application stress testing.
- Should have experience with Oracle software installs, upgrades and patches and space management
- Will participate and contribute towards deployment and maintenance of company’s Disaster Recovery environment.
- Provide 24 by 7 technical support coverage in rotation with his peer group.Create, deliver and maintain technical documentation as necessary to insure proper use of changed and newly implemented efforts.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Consistently able to interact professionally and work productively with all levels of Medline employees
When health care supplies are on the line, Medline Industries goes toe-to-toe with the big guys. With more than 125,000 products, the...