The successful candidate will work with other individuals to develop and tune a data warehouse. Responsibilities beyond database administration and development will include performance monitoring and tuning, backup and recovery strategies, developing scripts, and security functions. This individual will be involved with projects, system enhancements, and defect remediation.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in Microsoft SQL Server Administration. This person must also be skilled in backups, system monitoring, capacity planning, SQL Profiler, T- SQL, DTS/SSIS packages, and Reporting Services. Any experience with SQL Server 2005, and Data Warehousing is a plus.
The SQL database administrator is responsible for designing and implementing process for deploying, upgrading, managing, archiving and extracting data for reporting, on a variety of software products many of which are purchased products. The SQL database administrator will work closely with each of the development teams to optimize schema and performance as well as standardize the use of services provided by Microsoft SQL.
Primary Responsibilities for this position include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Configure, monitor, and tune data warehouse environment
- Help transition existing data marts from relational to star schema model
- Develop databases models to support new applications
- Database Backup and Recovery
- Database security best practices (e.g. referential integrity, authorization models, etc)
- Stored procedure programming and SSIS packages development
- Understand the SSRS environment and reports
- Designing and implementing a process for deploying, upgrading, managing, archiving and extracting data for various databases and data warehouse
- Work closely with development team to optimize schema and performance, as well as, standardize the use of services provided by Microsoft SQL
- Ensure adherence to industry standard engineering and architecture disciplines
- Ensure appropriate tools for development, testing, controlling, and protecting data are in place
The individual will be required to perform other general IT duties including programming SharePoint. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure. This is a perfect growth opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic, and eager-to-learn individual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CIS or equivalent related work experience
- 3-5 years experience in SQL Server database administration, backup/recovery, performance tuning, SQL development, data modeling, development, implementation and support of databases and data warehouses for global, large scale, transactional systems
- Experience with optimization and troubleshooting techniques to address performance problems on SQL Server 2000 / 2005
- Advanced expertise in stored procedure programming, data modeling, replication, performance monitoring/tuning, and database administration
- Strong background in data warehousing, ETL and distributed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a small, fast-paced, team environment
- 7 or more years of Information Technology experience
Mobile Mini is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Mobile Mini takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.
To be considered for employment with Mobile Mini, you will need to apply online at http://www.mobilemini.com/careers/ for the position you are interested in. The Recruiting Department will review your qualifications and will contact you via email or phone if you are selected for an interview.