As a SQL Server DBA, this individual is required to support all aspects of critical infrastructure data repositories. This resource will need to partner with application architects, DBAs, infrastructure architects and management to plan and meet corporate SQL standards and business goals.
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, a quick learner and driven to produce results.
- Install and maintain SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 systems
- Create, maintain, and support SQL Server databases
- Research and resolve SQL Server software and database issues
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery processes
- Maintain database access, accounts, and security
- Monitoring and tuning of SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Creation and management of
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Participate in technical discussions within the team or other groups within the Business Unit associated with specified projects
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals Job Requirements Requirements:
- Solid understanding of database security, management, architecture, and design concepts
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Proven aptitude for learning new technologies
- Proficient in technology and development
- Familiarity of basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Follow standard engineering principles and practice
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Responsible for a mix of structured and unstructured tasks
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems
- May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts
- Interact primarily with direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within and outside of the Business Unit as required
- General direction is provided on routine work and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments. There will be on-going reviews of activities and priorities
- Participate as an important contributor to team projects Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience is required. 3 to 5 years of experience is preferred
- A Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks
- Experience configuring and managing multiple MS SQL 2005/2008/2012 RDBMS systems.
- Oracle experience is added advantage
- Experience with
- Installation and maintenance of MS SQL Server shared features (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) and upgrades.
- Transactional SQL (T-SQL) and SSIS Packages
- Assist development staff with the debugging and optimization of SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Upgrading and patching our database environments with the latest releases
- Refining and architecting database schemas to meeting application
- Creating primary database objects and storage structures
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
- Developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans
- Developing, scheduling and maintaining database maintenance plans
- Maintaining and managing archived data
- Automating manual and repetitive administrative tasks
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Design and manage database import/export processes used to populate databases and data marts. Posting Category New College Grad Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park Requisition Number 21997BR
NetApp - 21 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....