Open Text™ (Nasdaq: OTEX; TSX: OTC) is the world's largest independent provider of Enterprise Content Management software. The company's solutions manage information for all types of business, compliance and industry requirements in the world's largest companies, government agencies and professional service firms. Open Text supports approximately 46,000 customers and millions of users in 114 countries and 12 languages.
Enterprise Cloud Services (ECIS) at Open Text provides the highest level of service to our hosting organization. The mandate of the ECIS team is to provide technology platforms and deliver on their projects with the best possible technical resources for customer engagements.
The ECIS DBA will provide support for all Oracle and SQL Server databases and related software. Additional knowledge of DB2, MySQL, and Sybase would be helpful. The candidate will be required to provide technical assistance and timely problem resolution to system users and lend technical expertise to other ECIS personnel. Will need to train and mentor new DBAs when appropriate.
- Responsibilities include overseeing, designing, implementing, and configuring Oracle, Oracle RAC, SQL Server, SQL Server clusters.
- Advisor and technical resource in support of systems and projects related to Open Text Hosting and Lab Services divisions.
- Setup, configure and maintain various databases, backups, and other related hardware and software.
- Manage database servers, perform capacity monitoring, enhance performance, and provide application, automation, and troubleshooting support.
- Provide for proper security permissions, patches, and best practices for all hosting and lab systems.
- Enhance error detection and reporting capabilities of systems through script-based and/or commercial solutions are required.
- Participate as a technical resource/advisor in projects from other departments
- Train and mentor junior staff when required
- Ability to work out-side of business hours due to hosting requirements.
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.
- Oracle and SQL Server administration
- Knowledge of DB2, MySQL, and Sybase would be beneficial but is not required
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX, vSphere
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS would be beneficial but is not required
- Knowledge of Open Text products would be beneficial but is not required
- Self Starter
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
As a technology company, we can only be as good as the people who are part of our team. To that end, we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world!
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com or call our toll free number 877-201-7127.
If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
OpenText - 20 months ago