The Database Administrator position will be primarily responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning and monitoring of all company databases. This position works closely with other members of the Database team to ensure high availability and that all data integrations and database processes are successful. Position duties include:
- Develop data integration processes to synchronize data across a multitude of databases that support headquarters applications, maintaining interoperability and business data flow for all applications and database software.
- Develop stored procedures for database access, modifications, and constructions.
- Authorize and control the release of all new application software into the production environment, acting as a resource for quality control as well as final testing.
- Provide Performance Tuning and monitoring on the Database Servers to ensure optimal performance and high availability.
- Develop and maintain standards and compliance guidelines for the implementation of all processes, procedures, and databases to ensure only productive, efficient applications are deployed.
- Assist and advise other teams as necessary for all database maintenance including backups, restores, upgrades and software updates ensuring database integrity.
- Provide after hour support when required to resolve production problems and act as a point of contact for database related technical support. Will be part of an on-call rotation.
- May Lead and direct work of more junior members of the Database Team.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university and 5+ years of experience functioning as a SQL DBA in a mixed SQL 2000, 2005 and 2008 required.
- Must possess strong technical skills with installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
- Experience in performance tuning of T-SQL queries, indexes, disk I/O, memory and CPU.
- Experience with SSIS and ETL procedures and methodologies.
- Experience working in a clustered environment.
- Strong working knowledge of interoperability between multiple hardware and software environments.
- Ability to write complex stored procedures and SQL queries, along with other SQL Server admin skills.
- Basic familiarity with Active Directory security authentication mechanisms, such as Kerberos, NTLM, and forms- based authentication (FBA).
- Knowledge in data management technologies and methodologies.
- Familiarity with VMware and managing SQL databases in a virtualized environment.
- Experience with the following is a plus, but not required:
- Teradata Administration and Database Design.
- SharePoint implementation and administration.
SUBWAY - 2 years ago
The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. In 2002,...