Performs database administration and configuration management functions to include the following duties: Installing and upgrading the SQL DBMS and all its associated products to include applications tools.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Creating primary database storage structures (table spaces) Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes) once application developers have designed an application.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by the application developers.
- Implementing and maintaining database security. Ensuring compliance with SQL License agreement.
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database. Planning for backup and recovery (Control Files, Redo Logs, Rollback Segments, System Data Files, etc)
of database information.
- Maintaining archived data on tape. Backing up and restoring the database ( On line and Complete).
- Contacting Microsoft corporation for technical assistance.
- Perform set up, troubleshooting and maintenance of replication.
- Complete Software Readiness Review Checklists (Take Action As Required).
- Tuning the database for optimal performance. Staying current with SQL’s emerging product line and with new additions that may complement your existing applications.
- Supervision of teams of DBAs.
Bachelor's degree or higher with a minimum of four (4) years of related specialized experience or minimum of six (6) years of related specialized experience.