Summary: Database administrator is responsible for integrity, performance, security and availability of company's databases. In this role, the associate is responsible for activities related to database architecture and implementation of policies and procedures required to meet and maintain highest levels of database service availability and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Installation, configuration and upgrading of database server software and related products
• Evaluation of database features and database related products
• Establishment and maintenance of sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
• Implementation and maintenances of database security policies and controls
• Setup and maintenance of database documentation and standards
• Planning of database growth and changes (capacity planning)
• Patch Management and Version Control
• 24/7 support of production database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by Telerx business systems.
• Review and tuning of SQL and PL/SQL code.
• Provide support and assistance to development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications
• Provisioning of various database environments.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Job Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four year college or university and a minimum of five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures (SOPs) or other job aids, to write routine correspondence, to speak effectively and informatively, and respond to questions from customers, clients or employees of an organization, over the phone or in-person.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, 5+ years hands-on Database Administrator experience required including, but not limited to: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Standby database functionality, Oracle RMAN and IBM Tivoli, Expert SQL and PL/SQL; knowledge of CRM systems is helpful.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to design work flows and procedures, to possess Project Management skills, Technical Skills, Customer Service skills, Quality Management to discover ways to improve and promote quality, and business acumen to understand business implications of decisions.