TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team in Houston, Texas.
Job Summary: The Database Administrator provides day-to-day SQL Server database support for existing customer installations as well as new deployments of proprietary multi-database tolling applications. Responsible for working both independently and in coordination with the help desk to resolve issues in a timely manner. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Setup, configure, and install database systems.
- Optimizes and tunes database systems.
- Proactively monitors performance and capacity.
- Performs data ports and data loads; monitors and tests data integrity as required.
- Backup, recovery, testing of recovery procedures, and archiving databases.
- Troubleshoots database issues and performs database impact analysis for proposed changes.
- Ensures that systems stay updated on all relevant patches and upgrades.
- Alter tables and schema structure as required.
- Serve as technical expert for database design and support issues.
- Works with the Application and Internet Development teams to develop stored procedures, triggers and code to support enterprise applications as well as to enforce coding standards.
- Executes database release management processes and coordinates maintenance of development, testing, and production environments.
- Automates manual processes when practical.
Education : Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- SQL Server 2008 or higher
- Installation skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Debugging / Testing skills
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...