This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who wants to advance their career with a proven industry leader. Trofholz is looking for a multi-faceted, energetic, organized, and detail-oriented person .
The qualified Database Administrator will be responsible for Planning, coordinating, and administering Oracle databases, including base definition, structures, documentation, upgrades, long range requirements, operational guidelines, protection, recovery, software installation, and resolving Oracle errors and failures. The role requires acute decision making skills in a government environment and effective documentation and communication on a daily basis. The position requires an active Secret clearance and is seated in Seaside, CA.
- Administering, configuring, performance, recovery, backup and maintenance of the Oracle database environment
- Adding or modifying data files – increasing or decreasing to change the size of the database, relocate
- Assessment of customers needs and making recommendations for improved configuration and implementation
- Performance tuning of database
- Providing 24/7 support and on call as required
- Administer and manage several large databases in RAC and non-RAC environments
- Ensure backup and recovery and cloning of databases
- Participate with project team in the implementation of new projects, analyzing performance, recommending solutions to enhance performance
- Troubleshoot any production issues and any security remediation, patches
- Familiarity with Oracle Application Server and GRID infra-structure
- Solid understanding of Oracle RDBMS 11g and SQL/PLSQL, with Oracle Tools (Sqlloader, exp, imp) experience
- Knowledge of Database Performance and General High Availability Technology (VCS/Standby DB/DataGuard)
- Oracle Software and Patch installation
- Oracle Security Patch (CPU) installation
- Experience with database upgrades
- Managed and/or RMAN Backup: Tape, Disk, Off-Host Manager and/or RMAN Recovery; Tablespace Point-in-Time Recovery, RBS, Temp etc. Oracle RAC 11g and SFRAC
- Related Veritas Netbackup and Sun Solaris experience to support Oracle database
- Production support and troubleshooting basic Oracle and Advance Security Option
- Basic understanding of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g and Load Balancer
- Basic understanding of Web Server, Oracle WebCache, and Oracle Web Logic
- Independent self starter who can multi-task across projects and effectively organize under tight deadlines
- High level of self motivation, productivity and attention to detail; be well-organized; have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and multi-tasking ability
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Active government Secret clearance
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or work experience;
- Seven or more years of IT-related experience
- Five or more years’ experience in administering Oracle databases with large UNIX/Linux operating systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- Experience in Linux/Solaris environnements
- SQL programming skills
About The Company:
Trofholz Technologies is an award-winning, multi-faceted company offering excellent career opportunities in a diverse, creative, and fast-paced work environment. Building a career with Trofholz means joining a team of diverse, talented, dedicated and innovative professionals committed to serving commercial and government technology needs.
To apply for this opportunity please make sure to visit us on the web @ www.trofholz.com and click the career tab or you can apply directly to our career center @ http://trofholz.com/who-we-are/join-our-team.html .
We have been able to reach a high level of technical excellence by committing to strong company values and key success strategies. The “Quality, Commitment, Creativity, and Integrity” adage known as the “QCCI Creed” is widely conveyed throughout the company and has been instrumental in the success of TTI. These core values have enabled TTI to develop a respectable company culture that is demonstrated in every client engagement
Trofholz represents excellence in all we do from hands on interaction with our clients implementing innovative solutions, to developing customized training and professional development programs for our employees. We are a fast-paced organization seeking team players who enjoy meeting challenges. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages combined with a fun and challenging work environment.
Trofholz offers comprehensive health and welfare plans which include:
- PPO or HMO Medical
- Dental PPO with national network of participating dentists
- Vision coverage at no cost to the employee
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer Matched 401(k)
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Education Assistance
- 10 Paid holidays a year
Be More, Do More with Trofholz
Trofholz is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements and programs.
Trofholz Technologies - 17 months ago
Trofholz Technologies, Inc. is an innovative systems integrator and service provider with a solid performance reputation in five core areas:...