Component Responsibility: Searching for a highly motivated Database Administrator. Customer system is a complex, technically advanced application that employs current technologies in their latest versions, including Oracle, WebLogic, and other products. The project team supports operations and maintenance and new development tasks for evolution of the baseline. This position has a strong mission focus, offers corporate systems development experience in a mature-process framework, and offers considerable opportunity to develop familiarization with the Intelligence Community.
The DBA will join a team, which includes developers, engineers, DBAs, testers, and other skill sets, that is responsible for implementing all segments of the system. Team uses an Agile methodology to plan and develop software. Candidate must have strong communication skills and will work side-by-side with project team on a daily basis. He/she should have the flexibility to work in a team environment with contractors from multiple companies (prior experience preferred).
Team members carry a pager to provide off-hours support for mission-critical system. Team members support periodic after-hours deliveries. Team members must work core hours Monday-Friday and may arrange to work a flexible schedule, in coordination with other team members for coverage; for example, some team members take off one day within a two-week cycle.
- Experience with Oracle 10g or 11g databases
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard
- Experience with Oracle RMAN
- Experience performing database upgrades, installing software, and patches
- Experience with PL/SQL programming
- Familiarity with Solaris 10 OS
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot by various methods
- Ability to work outside the prime time business hours to support production issues and routine system deployments.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and well as excellent oral and written communication skills to work effectively with senior customers across the Intelligence Community.
- Experience using Oracle Wallet
- Experience with Performance tuning of Oracle databases
- Experience with Oracle Advanced Security Options (ASO)
- Experience with Oracle Streams
- Experience with RAC and clustering
- Familiarity with Oracle's command line interface
- Familiarity with the Agile Development process
- Familiarity with Oracle XML features
- Familiarity with Oracle Database Vault
- Familiarity with Vormetric
- Knowledge of EMC IRM
Varen Technologies - 18 months ago