Do you like to work on a winning team?
Summary Description: Administers and maintains Whataburger’s SQL Server network environment and performance reporting systems. Maintains all network components, applications, hardware and software required in the delivery of the company databases. Provides technical leadership for Whataburger’s database environment, including input into database design, database programming, performance reporting (business intelligence) application management, troubleshooting, and system management. Oversees all system management responsibilities including configuration, security, resource monitoring and reporting, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and the development of specialized programs. Oversees the development and organization of database servers. Coordinates software issues with other areas of Company Operating Systems-including applications and operations.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains SQL Server database systems.
- Sets user privileges within the database environment.
- Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database environment.
- Creates logical and physical database designs.
- Builds the physical databases and provides technical guidance during all phases of development.
- Provides reports on system problems and solutions; assists in forecasts of future utilization and equipment requirements.
- Develops and tests SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers and scripts, and reviews queries created by application development team.
- Analyzes and creates system requirements pertaining to data design, and creates functional specifications, systems design and release documents.
- Performs data modeling and data storage forecasts.
- Develops a security plan for the database environment.
- Develops methodologies for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas, by analyzing data model, SQL code, and all other aspects of databases.
- Works as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
Identifies and evaluates industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Establishes and maintains sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Restores database services for disaster recovery.
- Recovers the database in the event of a hardware or software failure. Works as part of a team and providing 24x7 support when required.
- Develops database administration procedures and responsibilities for production systems.
- Ensures high availability and fault tolerance of database environments using failover clustering, database mirroring, database replication or other available technologies.
- Evaluates new hardware and software for purchase.
- Provides retention of data to satisfy legal responsibilities of the company.
- Automates repetitive operations.
- Provides routine security audits of user accounts and privileges.
- Creates error and alert processes and procedures.
- Creates processes and procedures for functional and stress testing of database applications.
- Creates processes and procedures of application transport from DEV, to TEST, to PROD.
- Develops data-conversion processes for customization, testing, and production.
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven year’s experience as a Database Administrator
- Experience with software development in some of the following languages: XML XSL, VB, ASP, C/C++, Java Script
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience using Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools including SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Proficient in Windows Server, MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and JD Edwards preferred.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards a plus.
- Advanced professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Basic understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Intermediate ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others
- Ability to prepare and present information to guests, more senior associates, vendors and management with sufficient notice and preparation
Over six decades ago, an adventurous and determined entrepreneur named Harmon Dobson had a bold idea: to serve a burger so big that it took...