Position Title: Database Administrator
Department: Information Technology
As a member of the database administration team you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in database development projects within a fast paced trading environment. Tasks include SQL scripting and tuning, administration, C# development, hardware and SQL Server maintenance, as well as general database infrastructure support. The ability to have a keen technical understanding but communicate in layman’s terms is important. On-the-job training may be provided for the right individual.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applied science
- 3.0+ GPA
- 0-3 years of experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, especially in mathematics
- Efficient T-SQL (and ANSI-SQL) coding ability
- Previous work or internship experience
The last page of your resume submission must be a runnable SQL script that you’ve recently worked on which you found interesting. Make sure its appropriately commented where necessary and includes any required sections to create/populate/drop dependent objects and data. Keep this at a reasonable length.
- Financial/Trading industry experience
- SQL Server experience
- C# development skills
- Bow hunting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Curious about new technologies
- Database design, normalization
- Knowledge of database operations (backups/restores, security, HA)
- Database performance tuning/indexing
- Knowledge of networking/DNS/AD, SAN, RAID
Founded in 1994, Wolverine is a diversified financial institution specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. Wolverine is headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.
Wolverine Trading - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard