- Requisition #: 202941242
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: Distributed Database Support
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20E
- Job Code: 4373
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: MAHWAH, NJ 07430 - RAMAPO RIDGE I.S. CENTER
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Once known as a trucking company, UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Database Analyst interacts with functional representatives, business analysts, data analysts, data architects, Systems Administration and Programming, and Applications Development project teams to assist with satisfying database operations requirements for supporting the effective storage and retrieval of data. He/She works with supervision on one or more databases of low to moderate complexity. This position interacts with the Data Modeler to create and maintain basic physical databases. He/She assists with administering and maintaining the enterprise’s production and development databases.
The Database Analyst utilizes database management tools to assist with monitoring performance metrics and allocating database resources for achieving optimum database performance. He/She supports database back-up and recovery procedures for the enterprise’s databases.
Contributes to Database Operations Management
- Assists with database management system support activities to ensure the effective storage and retrieval of data.
- Assists with implementation and modification of physical data models to create physical data structures.
- Supports the utilization of database management system software and tools to monitor performance.
- Monitors database performance metrics to identify issues and to assist with fixes for improving efficiencies.
- Assists with installation, configuration and deployment of software programs and patches to ensure software tools are maintained to meet business requirements.
Supports Data Quality
- Provides on-call support and coverage to ensure continuity of business operations.
- Sets up and deploys database management scripts and jobs to ensure efficient database operations and business continuity.
Assists with I.S. Projects
- Assists with basic data analyses to identify data anomalies and suggest potential fixes.
- Assists with applications reviews to identify needs and to implement data improvements.
- Provides basic analyses of key business processes to assist users with improving database operations.
- Implements data solutions to support applications and ensure compliance with UPS standards.
Primary Skill: SQL Server Admin, creation and maintenance of SQL instances, databases and database objects
- Conducts systems and requirements analyses to identify project action items.
SQL Server Admin – Intermediate
SQL Language - Intermediate
Data Communications - Intermediate
Data Modeling - Intermediate
Data Replication - Intermediate
Microsoft Office – Intermediate
Experience in the following is also desired :
T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, VB6, VB.Net, VB Scripting, C#, SQL, TSQL, Batch Programming, C++, Powershell, and Wise Installer
The desired Database Analyst will possess Bachelors’ in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...