At the Virginia Lottery, we work hard and play even harder. Since Virginians will make a game out of anything, our job is to create excitement, encourage friendly competition and support Virginians' love of games. And not just our games, but all games.
For almost 25 years we've been working and playing together, building an amazing organization committed to growing and giving back - and having fun while doing it. Operating entirely on revenue from game sales, rather than tax dollars, the Virginia Lottery generates approximately $1.2 million per day for Virginia's K-12 public schools.
Are you a strong team player with extensive experience delivering superior customer service and working in a forward-looking organization? If so, we have an exciting career opportunity for you! The Virginia Lottery, an independent state agency, is seeking a seasoned Database Architect to join its team.
The Database Architect will be responsible for defining technical standards and architectures required to ensure high levels of data availability and integrity; work closely with technology and other business groups to ensure the stability, integrity, security, and efficient operation of database systems that support the Lottery's core organizational functions. The Database Architect will be responsible for administering, monitoring, maintaining, and supporting database systems. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record cultivating long-term relationships with end users, customers, and other data owners for the efficient delivery and utilization of data across different lines of business.
The person selected for this position will have:
- Demonstrated ability to organize, follow-up, prioritize, think methodically, creatively, and work independently.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with major studies in Information Systems or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to solve/troubleshoot complex, non-routine problems.
- Expert knowledge of database design, programming, administration, warehouse design and implementation.
- A solid understanding of master data management, enterprise data architecture, enterprise information architecture concepts and principles.
- Expert knowledge of data analysis, modeling, identification, categorization, integration and delivery.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS products.
- Proficiency with .NET, C# AND SQL programming languages.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities or working conditions.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and customer service experience.
- Must have strong attention to details and time management skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Advanced degree in Information Technology or a related field is preferred.
- Experience implementing new technologies, and/or an understanding of software architecture including component design, integration, security, testing, performance tuning, data models, and work flow.
- An equivalent combination of training and professional work experience may be substituted.
The selected candidate must be able to pass a background investigation.
Virginia Jobs - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard